New clients and candidates are always keen to know how long the headhunting process takes.
While no two assignments are the same, we offer the following outline as a rough guide of what to expect when you are dealing with Trojan.
Handling & Research (weeks 2-4)
- Agree the Brief, Target List, CIS & Trojan team.
- Research target companies; identify prospective candidates.
- Network with other Trojan sources to identify prospective candidates.
- Ongoing client liaison; review research, discuss findings.
- Agree initially short-listed candidates, contact them & obtain CVs.
- Agree candidates to be interviewed by Trojan.
Short-list (Weeks 3-5)
- Interview initially selected candidates.
- Produce interview reports; discuss findings with you in detail.
- Agree finally short-listed candidates i.e. to be interviewed by you.
- Identify candidates who fall outside the brief but who could prove useful for other positions.
- Debrief any unsuccessful candidates.
Completion (weeks 6-7)*
- Confirm interview process/protocol.
- Set up first client interviews.
- Carry out profiling/assessment of finally short-listed candidates.
- Second interviews arranged with client (as appropriate).
- Final candidate selection.
- Review full job offer with Trojan.
- Job offer to selected candidate (preferably made verbally initially; finalised in writing once accepted).
- Acceptance of job offer & agreement of candidate start date.
- Notify the unsuccessful candidates, giving them an appropriate de-brief.
* Excludes candidate’s notice period
If you would like to discuss your executive search needs, or would like to get an insight into your candidacy, please get in touch.
If you would like to see what our clients say about us, please view our testimonials page.